By Pastor Ed Roebert
When we allow sin to creep into our lives, we can grieve or disappoint the Holy Spirit. Here are some examples:
- BY LYING!
Ephesians 4:25 “Therefore, putting away lying, each one speak truth with his neighbor, for we are members of one another.
- BY BEING ANGRY!
26 “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath,
- AS A RESULT WE GIVE PLACE TO THE DEVIL
27 nor give place to the devil.
- BY STEALING
28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labour, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need.
- BY NOT CONTROLLING OUR SPEECH!
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
- BY ALLOWING BITTERNESS, WRATH, CLAMOUR (an uproar or tumult), MALICE (animosity, rancor, spite, resentment)
31 “Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you with all malice.”
- WE NEED TO FOLLOW THE BETTER WAY – THE WAY OF FORGIVENESS AND LOVE!
32 “And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ also forgave you.”
- RATHER THAN GRIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT WE SHOULD BE RESPONDING TO HIM!
30 “And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
Free DAILY BIBLE VERSE via email: www.AliveToGod.com/Subscribe
PRAYER REQUESTS: e-mail Prayer@AliveToGod.com
INFORMATION about Alive to God: visit www.AliveToGod.com