1 John 3:7-10 “Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of light are: anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.
These verses say some very important things either directly or by implication:
(1) Those who keep on living wicked lives are obviously not children of God.
– they are children of the devil. Vs 10.
(2) True children of God can be identified by their righteous lifestyle. Vs 7.
(3) The devil tries to even keep the children of God in bondage! Vs 8.
(4) Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil. Vs 8.
(5) Anyone who has Jesus living in him will begin to live a righteous life, because he has a deposit of God in him.
1 John 3:9 “No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because GOD’S SEED REMAINS IN HIM; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.”
(6) There is a distinct difference between the children of God and the children of the devil.
1 John 3:10 “This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.”
Free DAILY BIBLE VERSE via email: http://www.AliveToGod.com/Subscribe
PRAYER REQUESTS: e-mail Prayer@AliveToGod.com
INFORMATION about Alive to God: visit http://www.AliveToGod.com